Friday, October 16, 2015

LENAPE COUNCIL: CCR

CCR, = ST. ADREWS Church
.
 George, Henry, Al, Alan, Bill, Bob, Bruce, Buck, Georgia, Courtney, Curt, David, Decky, Delores, Emanual,
 Karen, Marlene, 
Rev. Shell, 
Rev. Wendy, 
Rev. Nebo,.
.
Some members of St. Andrew Church had an active williness to hear the latest news about LENAPE History developments.
.
Rev. Nebo read the first Frozen Trail to Merica book (Talerman).  He was so interested that he volunteered to proof read the second  book (Walking to America).
.
Months later I was sitting in a front pew at St. Andrews.  But I was not paying attention to Rev. Nebo's sermon.
.
My mind was pondering about why the Drottkaveat format is focused on one alliteration and one rhyme in every six syllables.  Then I realized Rev. Nebo was using a modern example for a old story.  
.
He was talking about the electronic packets of information, which fly though space and which are "grabbed" by computers because they have self-verifying bits in them.
.
I was able to refrain from shouting "Eureka," but I did not wait until monday before pulling out the decipherment of the first stanza of the LENAPE History.
.
Were the Old Norse Syllables, which I had found, in Drottkaveat format?  
.
Well, not exactly, but close enough to convince me where the communications failure might have been.
.
The Drottkaveat format is a method to make sounds in a stanza self-verifying.  
.
Craig and I discovered that we could "keep score" as we tried to use different Old Norse words to decipher the LENAPE History stanza's.
.When the score was 100% we knew we had the right number of alliterations and rhymes.  That score convinced us that we had found the correct Old Norse syllables for the stanza.


I call it "serendipity".  Rev. Nebo might say "The Lord works in mysterious ways."

Was "Divine guidence" at work? 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment