Wednesday, September 30, 2015

FREDA, the SHAWNEE

When I met Freda, about 8 years ago in Arkansas, she was an American (Indian) with blue eyes.  
. That did not bother me.  I was beginning to suspect, by then, that the LENAPE and SCANDINAVIANS had the same heritage.  
.
But, for some reason, I remeber Freda with long brown or light tan hair.  Or maybe, I saw the blonde hair and thought that the color of a woman's hair depends on the stuff in the last bottle she bought from the beauty shop.
.
Back then, I had no problem recognizing Freda as an American, from her clothes. Even though they blended into the western Arkansas clothing, Freda's clothes were what a modern American would chose to wear.
.
Freda gave Larry Stroud the Crowns of Opossum 
Fur story, which is still on the Frozen Trail web site.  At that time Freda thought the Opossum Crown episode was from the Cherokee side of her family, who sent two Opossum Crowns to English king, George the Second.
.
[We, latecomers to this side of the Atlantic, revolted from George the Third.]
.
So, at the Symposium, I introduced Freda to Eric.  I made a statement about her heritage from two large groups o of the Americans—Cherokee and Shawnee.
.
I was curious, when I saw that Freda had cut her blonde hair that I had seen in the last photo of her.
FREDA in a photo before the Symposium
.
 So I was not totally suprised to see that she had short blond hair when we met this time.  I was more curious about the short sleeved blouse and farm woman jeans.
FREDA, the Shawnee September 26, 2015 Myron Paine

To me, she looked like a SCANDINAVIAN farm woman from Minnesota.
.
 Then later, at the Symposium, , Freda was standing, speaking from the front .  She has just spoken about the DNA data that showed that:

.
 she had SIX times the expected SHAWNEE DNA,
.
She had just told us how her grandmother had registered, way back then, by writing "SHAWNEE" on the registration papers. Then an official XXed out "SHAWNEE" and wrote in "CHEROKEE"underneath.
.
She had just told us that Sequoia, the guy that wrote the first CHEROKEE newspaper was really a SHAWNEE.  
.
She was pointing at her chest saying "I AM a SHAWNEE.  I am glad to know, who I am."
.
Then some guy in the back started to question her.  
.
He butted in to ask,"What is the significance of that?"  He thought he was priviledged to take the stage, so he asked about the same thing more than once.  .
[I hope he was an infiltrator from the Tea Party and not one of the Scandinavians  in the room.  Scandinavians are usually more polite.]
.
Freda is an American.  She looks like a Scandinavian.
.
Then this rude white guy tried to make her look bad while she was still in front of the audience.  Lucky for us, he did not know the Freda I know.
.
No wonder I tell people "The only true way you tell someone with American heritage is by their sense of humor." The publisher, who wrote in Indian Country yesterday, explained the reason for that humor.
.
Humor is one of the best ways to survive four centuries of standardized (and guys in the back of the room) suppression by omission.
.
Freda is a living example of the American heritage.  She has Scandinavian heritage too.
.
Freda is a living example that many Americans were Scandinavian, when the English invaded.
.
  America is a better place because the LENAPE were here—FIRST!

Do NOT OMIT to tell your friends about Freda.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth’s DNA and ancestry shows her claim of heritage as accurate. However because she is less than 1/16 the legal requirement to claim minority status she can’t list it on census or other records.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Elizabeth’s DNA and ancestry shows her claim of heritage as accurate. However because she is less than 1/16 the legal requirement to claim minority status she can’t list it on census or other records.

    Yes, I understand that. Those are man-made criteria by men, who did not understand biology. We all have TWO genes.

    One gene is dominant. The gene is in control of our looks. That is why I have brown hair and brown (bad) eyes.

    The other gene is recessive. I do not know what I would look like if the recessive gene controlled my looks.

    My grandson has blue eyes and red hair. His father had two recessive genes, but could only pass on one, His mother had my dominate genes so she has brown hair, but my wife passed on one of her two recessive genes though our daughter. So the grandson recieved two recessive genes, one from each parent.

    Elizabeth Warren and you need no other evidence than your looks. You have only recessive genes, which came from Scandinavia. Your parents, who told you that you were first Americas (Indians) did not know they were carrying recessive genes.

    Elizabeth’s public relation problem is to figure out how to tell this story in a simple fashion and how to ignore the man-made criteria that she is not qualified to be in a ‘tribe.’

    ReplyDelete